So often we focus on the stuff about ourselves that we dislike, the things we don’t get around to doing, losing weight, hitting the gym, doing our taxes on time, making time to be with our friends. We could go on, we all have stuff that we just feel makes us less than perfect!
But here’s the thing, we are all doing our best and no one really gets it right all of the time. And yet aren’t we are all doing our best with what we have available to us in the moment?
Try this simple practise to appreciate just how amazing you are. And appreciate the miracle that is you:
- Stop what you are doing and be in the moment.
- Let go of the need to be doing anything other than being with yourself.
- Think about what thing about yourself your like, admire or respect about yourself.
- Your strength, kindness, hard working nature, your ability to forgive, your creativity, your sense of humour. It can be anything.
- Let yourself really feel gratitude for that gift that is yours. Feel it in your heart and really breathe into it. Let it fill every cell in your body.
- Any negative talk that comes up in your mind let it be washed away on your out breath, which leaves space for you to fill up more positive loving energy as you come back to this positive wondrous thought that you are a gift and a miracle.
Let’s try to gently be kind to ourselves by practising this meditation daily.
Would you like to learn more about how you can practise mindfulness? Why not try a class or workshop at Anahata Yoga Centre?